Shabby Blogs Background

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Splatter Birthday Card

My eldest daughter attended a birthday party the other day at 4Cats Art Studio and she needed a card. She'd been to a birthday party at 4Cats before - a Splatter Paint party - so she asked me to make her a very specific kind of card. One with paint splatters on it!
Ever the accommodating mother and always up for a challenge, I got to work. Here's what I came up with.


I used Primrose Petals card stock for the base and Patio Party DSP for the back ground accented by a piece of Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon. 


To create the splatter effect I used 5 different colours of Mister Huey's mists by Studio Calico (not a Stampin' Up product obviously but I wanted a more opaque look than Stampin' Up inks could have given me) and simply splashed them randomly onto some scraps of Whisper White card stock. I cut out a flower shape using the Floral Frames Framelits dies and an oval label shape using the Labels Collection Framelits Dies. I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Delightful Dozen in Rose Red and used one of the mists to paint around the edges of each die cut shape.


Popping up the centre piece adds just enough dimension to keep the card from feeling too flat.

Well, there you have it. Hope you liked this latest card creation!

Here are your links for today:
Primrose Petals card stock from the 2012 - 2014 In Colors Collection


1 comment:

  1. I really like this, the pain splatters look awesome! And the painting around the edges, very nice!!! Sounds like a cool birthday party theme, too!

    ReplyDelete