Shabby Blogs Background

Monday, June 18, 2012

Project 12 using Floral District

I am finally caught up with my Project 12 album - yay! It is unusual for me to get 2 months behind so it was really weighing on me. A lot of things have been weighing on me lately which (if you follow either of my blogs) you probably gathered just by the fact that I've been a bit MIA lately. I think I may be back on track ... ish ... but time will tell.

As an aside, can I ask a favour of those (few) of you who do follow me here or on Facebook? Can you please share this post with your own followers/friends? I am feeling a bit of frustration that my sites are not growing as quickly (or at all!) as I'd hoped so am reaching out to you good people to help spread the word. While we're at it, do you have any suggestions for content or improvements? I would really appreciate your input!! Thanks.

Okay, back to my Project 12 layout. This is for April and I see that I used the same sketch as my buddy Roxy. Here is my interpretation.

If you've taken a look at Roxy's layout you'll see that I have quite a few more pictures on mine. It's a weakness of mine, I admit it! Must. Use. Many. Pictures. Always!

This is the PageMaps sketch I used. Loosely! 

And some close ups ... first the left hand page.


And the right hand page.


Some close ups of the details.

Loving my new Alphabet die! 

Here you can see some of the papers in the Floral District DSP pack as well as one of the new Naturals Designer Buttons - lovely wooden buttons!

I loved the stamping I'd done on Starting Point layout so added it on this one too.

Okay, that's it. Here are your links - thanks for stopping by. If you liked this please leave me some love!

I've decided to enter this into Creative Accents Buttons and Twine challenge for June. Check them out at the link above.

3 comments:

  1. Well, first of all I think your layout is beautiful, and I love how you were able to fit so many photos in without it looking crowded! Love your flowers, stamping and title letters!!! And hey, I do believe I see some buttons 'n' twine, I hope you're planning to enter this over at Seriously Creative Challenges? That is how I gained a lot of followers, by entering lots of challenges. My other suggestion is to join in on the Canada Day blog hop we're doing and maybe offer some candy - I think I gained an extra 10-12 followers when I did that in October. I can invite you to our facebook group if you like! Other than that, just keep the faith, girlie, you're doing great. You know I always luv ya, whether you've got one follower or 1,000! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages :) I love how you get that many photos on the page and embellishments AND it looks so awesome! You have a great mix of photos too, nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you just busy with the buttons and twine?! Lovin this 2 pager! Those flower buttons are fabulous!! Glad you're getting lots of crafty time in to play along with us over at SCC!

    ReplyDelete