Shabby Blogs Background

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Masculine Birthday Card

The colour scheme is probably going to look awfully familiar to you by now!! :)


This was made for my Father-in-law who celebrated his --th birthday (numbers are no longer allowed!!) on Monday. We got all his grand kids together to celebrate the occasion last Saturday and this is what I gave him. The papers are from International Bazaar DSP and, of course, I had to throw in some of the wood grain pattern from Natural Composition Specialty DSP. Told you it was a familiar combination!!

The sentiment on the front of the card is from Wacky Wishes which is a new Hostess Rewards stamp set. The sentiment above (on the inside of the card) is from Delightful Dozen. Both sets are excellent to have on hand for any and all occasions!

To dress up the front a tiny bit, I used one of the new wood look Naturals Designer Buttons.

Thanks for checking in today. I have exciting news! I am going to be participating in my first ever Blog Hop!! A group of like minded Canadian Crafters and I are going to Celebrate Canada Day in a way that suits our passions - by showing off our Canada inspired cards and layouts. Here`s a teeny tiny sneak peak ...


To see the rest (and my card) you will have to check back on July 1st at 9:00AM PST. There will be prizes so I hope to see you all then.

Here are your links from today`s project:


1 comment:

  1. Uh oh, are you done your blog hop project? Keener! I haven't started, better get on it!!! Your card is super cute, that inside stamp looks like subway art, which is so of-the-moment! I'm still lovin' the wood grain, too, must be my country girl showing! Can't wait 'til, Sunday, whoot!

    ReplyDelete