Shabby Blogs Background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet Shop, Buttons and Balloons

As promised, here is the card I made for my husband's "graduating" soccer player. Yesterday I showed you the one I made for her Mom (see it here.) 
As this card was for a 6 year old girl, I knew I wanted it to be fun. What's more fun than candy? The Sweet Shop DSP in the Occasions Mini is perfect for making fun cards. Here's what I came up with.

The card base is Whisper White card stock onto which I've layered pieces of  Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder card stock and then two different patterns from the Sweet Shop Specialty Designer Series Paper. I stamped images from Button, Button in Island Indigo, Calypso Coral and Pool Party then used a matching brad from the Printed 2011 In Color Designer Brad collection to jazz it up a bit. The last little bit of detail is the Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled ribbon I attached to each side of the button strip.

Here's a close up of that ribbon and the stamped button strip.

Inside the card I wanted a sentiment that reflected Greg's feelings of "wishing her well in her future endeavors". Since I didn't have anything  that said that specifically, I went with this sentiment and some images from Up, Up & Away.

My Birthday Cards for All Ages class on April 13th will be featuring this stamp set and I have been having fun creating all sorts of examples. Please head on over to my Events page to get more details on the class and to RSVP. Use your coupon - if you got one! If you want to be in the running to get future coupons take a moment now to put your email address into the box on your right and get my monthly newsletter. You'll get  tips, sneak peaks and first dibs on all my classes so sign up today!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love it! the bright colours and gorgeous brads on the front - wow!!! And I really LOVE how you`ve done the inside, fabulous! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card, love the buttons and that saying inside is perfect with the balloon :)

    ReplyDelete