Shabby Blogs Background

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mixed Bunch Cased Card

Today I want to show you how you can take a card that someone else has made and make it your own.

We've all been there. You need a card but the inspiration well is dry. Staring at all your beautiful products just seems to make it worse. Where to begin?

This was the situation I faced this past Saturday. My husband had invited the families of our two oldest girls' soccer teams over for an End of Season BBQ (in the pouring rain ... but I digress). He's coached our girls since Marley started playing 3 years ago and this year he is saying good bye to one particular player who he has coached for 2 years - first with Marley's team and then with Paige's team. Her mother has also been an integral part of the team, as Assistant Coach and General All-around Go-to Person, so he asked me to make a Thank You card for her. Two hours before the party started! Now, I am a BIG proponent of the Quick Card but pulling off 3 cards (one for her, one for her daughter and then another for the Team Manager of the other team) in that amount of time while still finishing the prep for the party was a bit much.

My fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators to the rescue! We regularly meet and swap cards so I just looked at my Swaps Board, picked one then went hunting for similar products. This one is by Maureen Pollock (I looked to see if she had a site you could check out but can't find one - sorry.)


And this was what I came up with.


I started with a piece of Calypso Coral card stock and layered a piece from the Everyday Enchantment DSP pack from the Sale-a-Bration promotion. (I know that's all over with now but I've still got some and it was really nice stuff so it's just going to creep into the odd project or two!) I embossed an image from Mixed Bunch with White Embossing powder and then used my Blossom punch to create the 3 flowers. The sentiment is from Thank You Kindly and is also embossed in white.

Here's a close up of the embossed flowers. I added a Large Pearl jewel accent to the middle of the middle flower and tied a piece of (now no longer available) Calypso Coral 1/8" Organdy Ribbon around the whole grouping.

Inside I embossed a couple images from Flight of the Butterfly.

Tomorrow I'll show you the one I made for her daughter. It features the stamp set I'll be high lighting in my Birthday Cards for All Ages class on the 13th - more details tomorrow.
Hope you're having a great Tuesday. I've now got to organize a birthday party and find a babysitter for Thursday night! Gack!!


2 comments:

  1. Alison, this is GORGEOUS! I love what you did with Maureen's card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is absolutely STUNNING! The colours are just gorgeous together (I just loved those flowers in the catalogue!) and I love the little banner you made for the sentiment - might steal that idea, actually! I just cased a card I found on Pinterest to make some simple thank yous, but I`m thinking they`re a bit too simple. You`ll see, I`ll post them later today. Anyway, better get to it, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete