Shabby Blogs Background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Iron Stamper - 5 Minute Card

Now we've covered the big projects, it's time to turn our attention to the cards I made to fill my little suitcase card keeper. First up is the 5-minute card.
Can I just take a minute to gush about this stamp? It's the Hello, Doily stamp and every time I use it I fall back in love with it. I really hope it doesn't get discontinued at the end of May!!

Anyway, back to the card. I started with a base of Chocolate Chip card stock then added a layer of Blushing Bride card stock that I'd run through my Bog Shot with the Stripes Textured Impressions folder. The doily image was stamped in Blushing Bride onto Whisper White card stock - slightly off the edge. The sentiment is from the Sale-A-Bration Elementary Elegance stamp set (LAST WEEK TO GET FREE PRODUCTS LIKE THIS WITH YOUR PURCHASES!) and is stamped in Chocolate Chip.

Along the bottom of the image I layered a piece of 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon in Blushing Bride over a piece of 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon. These are wrapped slightly around the edge of the Blushing Bride layer and then the whole thing is popped up with Dimensionals. 

Just one two last notes: after I took this picture I decided to add a Large Pearl to the centre of the doily image. Also, the inside of the card has a piece of Blushing Bride card stock stamped with an image from Delicate Doilies (also in Blushing Bride - for a barely there subtle look).

Thanks for stopping by! Remember to follow my blog to get all the upcoming posts in this series and if you're interested in my monthly newsletter full of news from Stampin' Up!, my classes and fun tips, please add your email address into the box on my side bar. April's newsletter will contain a valuable coupon that you won't want to miss!!

See  you tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, really love this one! Not sure which I like better either, both colours are beautiful! Hugs, Rox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a gorgeous stamp, really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete