Shabby Blogs Background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Treats

Some eye candy for you and some real candy for my girls! Check it out ...
So the little buckets were purchased at Dollarama and then I filled them with candy hearts.

To get the hearts to stand up in the tins I attached a clothes pin to the bottom and hid it among the candies.

Here's how I made the Valentines: using the Hearts Framelits Dies, I cut out a piece of Melon Mambo card stock with the largest size heart and started layering. First is a piece of Very Vanilla Card stock (which I inked around the edges with Melon Mambo ink) then a Dollar Store doily spritzed with Smooch Spritz in Blushing Bride. On top of that I put a piece of Everyday Enchantment DSP (once again, inked around the edge) and finally a monogram.
The monogram was made with the Alphabet Soup On Board letters that I inked in Melon Mambo then covered in Dazzling Details. (Note to self - 3 hours is not quite enough drying time!)

For the back I stamped some images and sentiments from P.S. I Love You onto another Very Vanilla heart inked around the edges with Melon Mambo ink. To get the different colours on the strawberry I used my Stampin' Write Markers in Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip and Garden Green. It's very easy to use these markers on Stampin' Up stamps to create custom coloured stamped images. Just colour the stamp, huff on it to re-moisten the ink and stamp as normal. Voila! Custom coloured images!

And the husband wasn't left out of the hand made card parade. He received this lovely card that I made at an Upline meeting a couple weeks ago. Thanks to Kristina for the cute make-and-takes!!


This card also uses the P.S. I Love You stamp set and what I really love (and a great reason to go to my meetings so I can learn tricks like this to teach my customers!) is the one heart we covered in Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details. A simple thing but what an impact!


A few last pictures showing the fun my girls had making Valentine's for their class mates. I offered this as a class but had no takers so my girls got to go nuts!



Even little Christine got in on the action!



These are the ones I made for their teachers. The biggest heart is cut from a piece of Beau Chateau DSP.


Here are Christine's finished ones. In all honesty, I think she had more fun handing them out to her little friends than she had making them!

Okay, that's all I've got for you today. I hope your Valentine's Day was a love filled as mine was!


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Everything looks amazing!!! I love the little buckets you did up for your girls (: I just got those heart dies (one of my good friends sells SU)but I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. I love the paper pack in the sale a bration that you used. It's such a great colour combo. Your girls are too cute!!!! It looks like they had a blast making their valentines.

    ReplyDelete